Statewide Technical Assistance And Resources Team (START)
Together families can make a difference!
The START Project offers programs and services that support the engagement of families to improve outcomes for students. Assistance is available for developing and implementing parent groups in your school and community.
Our Programs & Services For Schools and Districts:
- Engage diverse families to improve student achievement.
- Enhance family engagement through family-educator collaboration.
- Facilitate partnerships by implementing parent advisory groups.
Our Programs & Services For Parents and Parent Leaders
- Become an informed and active participant in your child’s education.
- Partner with educators in improving educational programs students with disabilities, particularly in the area of Inclusion.
- Start or strengthen a parent advisory group or parent support group in your area.
For information on our activities, contact:
Project Director, Dianne Malley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Coordinator, Michele Tyler, email@example.com
START Project Resources include:
- Tools to Support Parent/Student Participation in the IEP Process
- Transition from School to Adult Life
- Literacy Strategies for Families
- Literacy Pages for Families
- Assistive Technology
- Family-Educator Collaboration
- Special Education Monitoring Process
- Webinar: Parents as Partners in Promoting Best Practices in Inclusive Education
- Partners in Education: A Dual Capacity-Building Framework for Family–School Partnerships
- New Jersey Department of Education Office of Special Education - Check here for information and updates on Special Education from NJDOE
- NJ State Special Education Advisory Council - guidance on special education and related services.
- The Harvard Family Research Project - meeting the growing demand for information on effective ways to support family involvement in children’s learning and development.
- SEDL - develops and disseminates research-based resources on building family and community partnerships that are focused on student success.
- #ParentCamp - a hybrid "un-conference" opportunity for parents and teachers to come together.to discuss what is best for children
SPAN's START Project is funded through a Cooperative Agreement with the New Jersey Department of Education, Office of Special Education.