Statewide Technical Assistance And Resources Team (START)
Statewide Technical Assistance & Resources Team (START)
Together families can make a difference!
The START Project offers programs and services that support the engagement of families to improve outcomes for students. Assistance is available for developing and implementing parent groups in your school and community.
Our Programs & Services For Families, Schools and Districts:
Programs and Services to improve student achievement and engage diverse families.
Enhance family engagement through family-educator collaboration.
Our Programs & Services For Parents and Parent Leaders
For information on our activities, contact:
Project Director, Karen Antone firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Coordinator, Michele Tyler, email@example.com
Michele Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org
START Project Resources include:
- Tools to Support Parent/Student Participation in the IEP Process
- Transition from School to Adult Life
- Literacy Strategies for Families
- Literacy Pages for Families
- Assistive Technology
- Family-Educator Collaboration
- Special Education Monitoring Process
- Webinar: Parents as Partners in Promoting Best Practices in Inclusive Education
- LRE and Inclusion: Utilizing a Tiered System of Supports (TSS) to Support Students with Disabilities in General Education Settings
- Partners in Education: A Dual Capacity-Building Framework for Family–School Partnerships
- New Jersey Department of Education Office of Special Education - Check here for information and updates on Special Education from NJDOE
- NJ State Special Education Advisory Council - guidance on special education and related services.
- The Harvard Family Research Project - meeting the growing demand for information on effective ways to support family involvement in children’s learning and development.
- SEDL - develops and disseminates research-based resources on building family and community partnerships that are focused on student success.
- #ParentCamp - a hybrid "un-conference" opportunity for parents and teachers to come together.to discuss what is best for children
SPAN's START Project is funded through a Cooperative Agreement with the New Jersey Department of Education, Office of Special Education.